The Schemeable Sliding Panel plugin adds a smooth sliding panel to your blog. The panel can be fully configured through the ‘Sliding Panel Options’ menu page.
- 3 different ways of displaying the panel – Overlay over content, slide down or fixed
- Modify all aspects of the panel – fonts, colors, background images, text displayed etc.
- Use the panel for login/registration
- Display either a dashboard or static content for logged-in users
- Disable admin bar and standard login/register and lost password pages. This may help reducing spam-bot registrations.
- Save color schemes and export them as plugins that can be shared with others
- Use a static dashboard for both logged-in and logged-out users.
- Gain fine grained control by including your own CSS (and images)
- Integrates nicely with WordPress Social Login.
This plugin is developed using WpPDE Pro – a Plugin Development Environment for WordPress Plugins.
This plugin is based on the awesome (though a bit dated) panel from http://web-kreation.com/all/implement-a-nice-clean-jquery-sliding-panel-in-wordpress-27/. Quite a bit of refactoring is done to include scheme modification functionality.
Upload the Schemeable Sliding Panel plugin to your blog, activate it and modify the settings.
- Why not widgetize the panel area
My immediate need is for a login/registration panel for visitors and display dashboard for admin and static content for all other logged in users. I couldn’t find a neat way of getting this done using widgets. That said, a new version should include widgetized dashboard area.
- What is the advantage of disabling the standard login/registration forms?
This not a sure way, but it goes some distancing in avoiding spambot registrations.
- How do I display a different login/registration form other than the default?
You can change what is displayed in the login panel by adding shortcodes. For overriding the first/introduction/social-login add a shortcode ‘sliding-panel-login-intro’. For overdiding the login form use ‘sliding-panel-login-form’ and ‘sliding-panel-register-form’ for overriding the registration form.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Schemeable Sliding Panel” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Translate “Schemeable Sliding Panel” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed: green-meadows scheme
- Fixed: When uploads folder is not available, failure of mkdir() logging in css causing invalid CSS.
- Added support for sliding-panel-login-intro, sliding-panel-login-form and sliding-panel-register-form shortcodes for overriding the default content in the login panel.
- Fixed minor bugs.