This plugin replaces the admin bar (at the top of the frontend screen) by a sticky ‘Go To Admin Screen’ button
It’s a, lightweight, jQuery based plugin.
The best part: you can drag and drop the button to anywhere you want!
The new position will be used till the session ends.
After starting a new session it will use the default position again.
Also cool is: you can toggle between the WP Admin Bar and the Floating Admin Button!
Just press the custom hotkey (configurable on the Settings page).
NOTE: DEFAULT HOTKEY IS CTRL-F8
Second use of the plugin:
Disable the button on the settings page. In this mode you can toggle the WP-Admin bar on and off by pressing a, self-defined, hotkey.
You can configure the plugin via:
WP Admin Panel » Settings » Floating Admin Button
CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder, Eindhoven, The Netherlands – http://cagewebdev.com – http://rvg.cage.nl
- English [en_US] – translated by Rolf van Gelder, CAGE Web Design – http://cagewebdev.com
- Dutch [nl_NL] – translated by Rolf van Gelder, CAGE Web Design – http://cagewebdev.com
NO WARRANTY, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Plugins by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder
WordPress plugins created by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder
- Upload the Plugin to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin in the WP Admin Panel » Plugins
How can I change the settings of this plugin?
- WP Admin Panel » Settings » Floating Admin Button
- Press the hotkey as defined on the settings page (default key: CTRL-F8)
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Floating Admin Button” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Interested in development?
- NEW: the link for the admin button is now configurable through the settings page
- CHANGE: WordPress logos replaced by the ‘real’ WordPress logos
- NEW: an option to disable the button; when disabled, you can toggle the WP-Admin bar on/off with a hotkey
- CHANGE: many changes and improvements
- CHANGE: the show/hide button status is now saved in a session variable
- BUG FIX: the ‘Initially show the Floating Admin Button instead of the WP Admin Bar’ option wasn’t saved correctly
- BUG FIX: bugs fixed for ajax calls
- BUG FIX: button was in some browsers ‘jumping’
- NEW: added a ‘Back to Default Position’ button (settings page)
- CHANGE: position of the button has been constraint
- CHANGE: several improvements
- BUG FIX: Some minor bug fixes
- Initial release