In addition to controlling your custom post type permalinks this plugin adds support for using custom taxonomies in your permalink structures as well.
Not only that but you can control the full permalink so the post type slug is not required at the start of the link.
Multiple post types can use the same permalink structure.
There are 2 ways to use this plugin:
The plugin adds fields to the permalinks settings page for any public facing custom post types.
When registering a post type you can add a value to the rewrite property with the key ‘permastruct’ to define your default permalink structure.
<?php register_post_type( 'my_type', array( ... 'rewrite' => array( 'permastruct' => '/%custom_taxonomy_name%/%author%/%postname%/' ), ... ) ); ?>
- You can install the plugin using the auto-install tool from the WordPress back-end.
- To manually install, upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You should now see input boxes for any custom post types you have on the permalink settings page
None so far.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“WP Permastructure” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Translate “WP Permastructure” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- 1.4.3: Remove
- 1.4: Handles sample filters without the need for the get post call
- 1.3: Added permalink sanitisation function, current one incorrectly truncated placeholders
- 1.2: Fixed attachment URL rewrites, fixed edge case where permastruct is %postname% only
- 1.1: Fixed problem with WP walk_dirs and using %category% in permalink – overly greedy match
- 1.0: Initial import