WCBoost – Variation Swatches plugin provides a much nicer way to display variations of variable products. This plugin will help you to set the style for each attribute as color, image, label, or button. With this plugin, you can present product colors, sizes, styles, and many things in a better way that is not supported by WooCommerce.
This plugin only adds more options to show product variations with swatches. It doesn’t touch the default drop-down style of WooCommerce.
With a friendly and easy-to-use interface, you can add default color, image, or label to each attribute on the attributes management page. It can also help you pick the right style for quick-add attributes right inside the editing product page.
Why store owners and develoeprs choose this plugin
This plugin truly cares about your website. It is not only developed to add functionality to your store but also to care about the performance, SEO score, and your customers. This plugin is carefully developed by experienced developers.
- It works with all themes. No more customzation, it will work with your theme in the first run. With the API this plugin provides, theme developers are also able to make it more beatiful and suitable with the style of the theme.
- It is very easy to use, even with beginners.
- You own and control your data – forever. This plugin won’t never take any data from your store.
- It will not mess up your admin dashboard with new menu and strange pages. It follows and uses the standards options of WooCommerce. You will find it is very easy to use.
- No Ads, of course. This is a free plugin but it doesn’t mean you have to accept Ads in your admin dashboard.
- It is easy to customize. Even if you are not a developer, with some simple CSS or snippet, you are able to customize the product swatches swatches.
- It is light weight. With a simple feature like this, you don’t need to concern how it impact to your website’s speed.
Features provided with this plugin
- Completely integrate with WooCommerce plugin
- Work on variable product only
- Auto convert the default dropdowns to buttons
- Enable Color swatches for product attributes
- Enable Image swatches for product attributes
- Enable Label/Text swatches for product attributes
- Enable Button swatches for product attributes
- Manage attribute swatches globally
- Edit product swatches for every single product
- Control the style of swatches, include shape, size, etc.
- Enable tooltip for swatches
- Provide inner API that allow themes/plugins to extend
- Create new attribute swatch in product editing page
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
- In the search field type „WCBoost – Variation Swatches“ and click Search Plugins.
- Once you’ve found it, you can install it by simply clicking Install Now button.
- Download the WCBoost – Variation Swatches plugin to your desktop.
- Extract the plugin folder to your desktop.
- Read through the „readme“ file thoroughly to ensure you follow the installation instructions.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the „WCBoost – Variation Swatches“ in the list.
- Click Activate to activate it.
Even this plugin has been installed and activated on your site, variable products will still show dropdowns if you’ve not configured product attributes.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Products menu and click Attributes.
- Click to attribute name to edit an exists attribute or in the Add New Attribute form you will see the default Type selector.
- Click to that Type selector to change attribute’s type. Besides default options Select and Text, there are more 3 options Color, Image, Label to choose.
- Select the suitable type for your attribute and click Save Change/Add attribute
- Go back to manage attributes screen. Click the cog icon on the right side of attribute to start editing terms.
- Start adding new terms or editing exists terms. There is will be a new option at the end of form that let you choose the color, upload image or type the label for those terms.
Will this plugin work with my theme?
Yes, it will work with any theme, but may requires some styling to make it match nicely.
Does it work with Multisite?
Yes, it does work with WordPress multisite.
How to configure attribute swatches?
By default, this plugin will convert all variation dropdowns to buttons (Of course, you can disable this feature with a single option in the Customizer > WooCommerce). You are able to change them to other swatches types.
You just need to login to the admin dashboard, then navigate to Product > Attributes menu to edit product attributes and change the type. You can change it to Color, Image, Label or Button. Then you need to edit/add attribute terms to set the color, upload image or set the label the present for that attribute term.
Where are plugin’s options
Following the standards of WordPress and WooCommerce, you can find all the settings that relate to the appearance of your website in Appearance > Customize. The settings of this plugin are in Customize > WooCommerce > Variation Swatches section.
How to disable out-of-stock swatches
WooCommerce has an option to hide out-of-stock products from the catalog, it works for the variation swatches too. You just need to enable this option in WooCommerce > Products > Inventory. It is the option „Out of stock visibility“.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“WCBoost – Variation Swatches” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
- Added support for the WooCommerce HPOS feature.
- Ensured compatibility with WordPress 6.3
- Ensured compatibility with WooCommerce 8.0
- Improve the accessibility
- Fix missing files issue
- Add a new filter hook for swatche output
- Fix js error when the attribute slug contains double quotes
- Tested the compatibility with the latest version of WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Improve the compatibility with multilingual plugins
- Fix wrong spelling keywords
- Update WordPress and WooCommerce compatibility
- Tweak the js function to control swatches items state independently
- Compatible with plugin WooCommerce Product Bundles
- Fix the issue of incorrect swatches data with custom attributes
- Fix the compability issue that cannot mapping the option of another plugin
- Fix the issue of attribute type is not reset to „Select“ when deactivating the plugin
- Add a new option to show the label of selected attributes
- Fix the style of round button swatches
- Fix some security issues with the translation of the plugin
- Fix the issue of incorrect swatches display
- Add a new js event to support third-party plugins.
- Initial release.