The plugin creates a customizeable interactive map with active volcanoes and current earthquakes worldwide.
The map is loaded in an iframe and can be used as widget that can be placed in a sidebar of the layout.
The map itself, which is being updated daily, contains interactive features:
– click on each earthquake to see details (depth, magnitude, time, source of data and link to detail info)
– submit a „I felt the earthquake“ report straight from the earthquake list or the map
– click on each volcano to see more details (status, last activity, link to more info)
– access a list of latest volcano news
The map display can be customized in may ways:
– display only earthquakes or only volcanoes or both
– select a geographic region / country from a list (e.g. Australia, British Isles, California, Germany)
– select a custom geographic region defined by W-E and N-S boundaries
– start with different zoom and geographical center
– filter to show only quakes larger than a given magnitude
– filter to show only volcanoes at a certain activity level
– show / hide various display controls
If you like this widget, we’re pleased to have your input about features you might like to see in future versions.
If you like to encourage further development, please consider making a small donation as the work on the data and the map is an unpaid, time-consuming free-time effort 😉
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- If desired, customize the map under ‘Settings’ -> ‘Volcano Widget’ (by default, earthquakes and volcanoes are shown worldwide)
- Go to ‘Design’ -> ‘Widgets’ and drag the widget to any place in your layout, e.g. the right sidebar
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Volcano Widget” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
- First release
update to https