Change the appearance of a taxonomy’s meta box input in the Edit screen to something other than the Category checkboxes or Tag free text entry, allowing you to have your users easily pick from a predefined set of terms.
- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/transform-meta-boxes/ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings -> Transform Meta Boxes screen to configure the plugin, picking which taxonomies you want to transform and how.
- How do I add more terms now?
These meta box alternatives remove the ability to freely enter new terms on the same Edit screen, meaning you need to add terms on the relevant taxonomy page first.
This is by design, so that it is harder to accidentally end up tagging your posts with typos or little used terms.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Transform Meta Boxes” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Interested in development?
- Tested against 4.7.2
- Bugfix: Check for deactivated taxonomies
- Update: Changed get_terms() call to avoid deprecated method
- Tested against 4.6.1
- Initial release.