Aren’t you irritated by the greeting on the right of the Admin Bar? By default, it greets you with a nauseating „howdy“.
This is the plugin to sort that issue out. This plugin changes the default greeting to „Welcome“, a greeting which combines formality with warmth. However, the plugin also provides an options page, so that users can have their own preferred greetings.
This plugin, and others, can be found on the plugins page of Old Castle Web Solutions (www.oldcastleweb.com).
Further work on this plugin should enable a general framework for all my plugins, giving them a top level menu page and sidebar entry of their own, regardless of which plugin is installed first.
I have no arbitrary comments to make. What’s the weather like where you are?
<?php code(); // goes in backticks ?>
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or use the special WordPress ‘upload a plugin’ system.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- What future development will there be on this plugin?
I will do some further work, even though it is meant to be asimple plugin. That is because i have used it to learn how to get plugins to work. My main goal next is to find a way of making a sort-of ‘framework’ plugin, so that I can use a general top-leveol options page for all my plugins. I need to find out how to get a second plugin to notice whether a previous plugin had been installed and activated, so that the top-level menu already exists. If you know how to do this, please contact me: email@example.com.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“OCWS Admin Bar Greeting” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Interested in development?
Tested up to WP 4.6
Tested on Github
The plugin now has a proper Settings link, which it didn’t have before.
There had previously been an advert on the Options Page. i removed this, on the advice of WordPress.org
- I added a few pieces of comment, and tidied up some rubbish, to make the plugin ready for submission to wordpress.org.
- The plugin now has an options menu, under the „settings“ main menu. This enables users to define their own greeting.
- The next stage will see a framework for all my plugins, allowing them all to use a custom top level options page.
- The initial plugin merely changes „howdy“ to „welcome“