We’ll be closing the Newsletter Glue plugin on WordPress.org on 1 May 2022 in order to focus on the paid version of the plugin. Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to use this plugin forever. We simply won’t be updating it anymore.
WordPress newsletter plugin to build and send professional email newsletters in minutes. Directly within your WordPress admin.
Unlock a new publishing workflow that saves you hours, and brings you more readers.
Connects to Mailchimp.
Pro plugin also connects to: ActiveCampaign, Campaign Monitor, GetResponse, MailerLite, Sendinblue, and Sendy.
The best newsletter plugin for bloggers and newsletter writers
Newsletter writers have loyal readers, but your hard work is hidden in your subscribers’ inboxes.
Newsletter Glue makes it easy to:
Integrate your newsletter archive elegantly into your blog.
Make your newsletter SEO-friendly and readable online.
Bloggers benefit from SEO, but you have difficulty building a steady relationship with readers.
Newsletter Glue makes it easy to:
Email posts to subscribers. Take minutes instead of hours to write and send posts.
Create a weekly roundup newsletter with all your latest posts. Inside WP admin, in a few minutes.
Stop sacrificing newsletters or blogging. Do both at the same time with Newsletter Glue.
HOW IT WORKS
Step 1: Connect with our onboarding wizard to Mailchimp.
Step 2: Create and email newsletters directly inside the Gutenberg editor.
UNLOCK THESE BENEFITS
Set up in under 5 minutes. Works immediately, without code.
Do everything from WordPress. No more jumping between platforms.
Get a newsletter archive that works just like your blog archive.
All newsletters are SEO-friendly and readable online.
Email new and old blog posts to subscribers in seconds.
Create a weekly roundup newsletter as quickly as writing a blog post.
Send test emails and view web-based preview
Choose audience, segments, lists, tags for your newsletter
THE EASIEST WAY TO STYLE YOUR NEWSLETTER
Newsletter theme designer: No code needed. Customise newsletter logo, featured image, font style, colour, sizes and much more. Includes mobile options.
Custom CSS: Inject custom CSS into your newsletter.
UNIQUE CONTENT FOR YOUR NEWSLETTER
- Show/hide content block: Lets you hide content from your blog or newsletter. For example: Add a footer to your newsletter that is kept hidden from your blog.
EMAIL POSTS TO SUBSCRIBERS
- Save hours every week: Simply email posts when you hit publish. No need to tediously recreate posts in your email service every time.
UPGRADE TO PRO FOR MORE POWERFUL INTEGRATIONS AND NEWSLETTER DESIGNS
Newsletter Glue Pro gives you advanced features to style your newsletter, get more subscribers and save time.
Connect to: ActiveCampaign, Campaign Monitor, GetResponse, MailerLite, Mailchimp, Sendinblue, and Sendy.
Embed social media: Just paste the link. We handle the rest. Works for Twitter and Youtube.
Subscriber forms: Add beautiful subscriber forms easily to any blog post. Includes checkbox for GDPR.
Post embeds: Quickly add links from your blog or other websites. We turn that into perfectly formatted post embeds.
Author byline: Add an author byline to each newsletter/blog post. Includes auto-generated avatar and Follow button.
Metadata: Add reading time, location, link to read online , author bio and more. Takes seconds to add. Everything is auto-generated for you.
Callout cards: Change backgrounds, add borders and more to bring attention to promotions or featured sections.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- NG: Show/hide content
What if I don’t use Mailchimp
Our pro plugin connects to: ActiveCampaign, Campaign Monitor, GetResponse, MailerLite, Sendinblue, and Sendy. And we’re always adding more integrations. Feel free to DM us on Twitter with your requests.
Does this work with Gutenberg blocks or classic editor?
Newsletter Glue works best with Gutenberg. But you will also be able to use it easily with the classic editor.
Does this work with page builders?
Newsletter Glue currently does not work with any page builders. But we plan to do so in the near future. Check back soon!
How will my post look as an email?
Your post will be sent as a simple and clean email. To see it, you can send a test email from inside the WordPress editor before publishing your post. This will let you check your post before sending it to all your subscribers.
Does this just send plain text? What if I want a custom design?
You can customise your newsletter design with the Newsletter Theme Designer. Go to Newsletter Glue > Settings > Newsletter Theme Designer. You can also add custom CSS in the Settings.
The CSS you add here will show up in the emails you send, but not in your blog posts.
To learn more about adding custom CSS to your email newsletter, head here.
You’re not alone. Others use Newsletter Glue as it lets them use the WP editor to write their newsletter.
Simply add a new post, and create your newsletter. Don’t forget to put it in a different category, so that your newsletter will have its own archive.
Why connect to an email service provider (instead of building on inside WordPress?
No need to migrate anything. Don’t touch your existing setup.
- Email lists, segments, tags
- Automated email sequences
- DKIM, SPF records
- Campaign data
Do you have a subscriber form I can add to my blog?
We have a subscriber form in our pro plugin.
Glad you asked! Check out this mega guide we wrote that takes you step-by-step on how you can do that.
Do you have a pro plugin?
Yes! Check it out here.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Newsletter Glue – Best WordPress email newsletter plugin” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Interested in development?
184.108.40.206, July 1, 2021
- Added maximum width option for logos in the Newsletter Theme Designer
- Fixed logo auto width issues causing logos sizes to display incorrectly.
- Added „add another button“ back to core button block.
- Fixed the default font sizes not showing up in newsletters.
1.3.6, June 24, 2021
- Mailchimp now uses WordPress post title as the campaign title for better campaign management.
- Fixed image sizing and alignment issues.
- Fixed a bug that caused images to be duplicated when a link is used in the image caption.
- Note: Fix the title of the free plugin to remove all the ESP names except Mailchimp.
- A bug is happening when Newsletter Glue meta box is activated on a post that uses the classic editor. This has now been fixed.
1.3.4, May 28, 2021
- Fixed issue causing captions to disappear from images.
1.3.3, May 17, 2021
- Fixed js cache issue preventing some newsletters from sending.
- Fixed bug causing slashing to be inserted in From Name when apostrophes were present.
- Fixed bug in Connect page when an invalid API key is entered causing the plugin to show the wrong screen.
1.3.2, May 10, 2021
- You could not create links in images. This is now fixed.
1.3.1, May 1, 2021
- Major change: From this version onwards, ActiveCampaign, Campaign Monitor, GetResponse, MailerLite and Sendinblue will no longer be connected in the free version. Upgrade to the pro plugin to stay connected.
- Major change: From this version onwards, Newsletter Theme Designer will no longer be available in the free version. Your design settings will remain, but you will no longer be able to make changes to them.
- New feature: We’ve now added newsletter accent colour for simple selection of colour for your links, buttons and block quotes.
- Bug fix: Mailchimp merge tags were not working properly due to an encoding issue with our internal newsletter API. This is now fixed.
- Improvement: When duplicating a post now, the settings will be taken to new post. Only without the status / history.
- Improvement: Further improvements made to Outlook formatting including buttons and spacers formatting.
- Improvement: We’ve reduced the size of our email template by 50-60%.
1.3.0, March 29, 2021
- We’ve refactored our email html to use tables. This improves the way email newsletters are displayed on older email clients such as Outlook.
- List CSS for font size did not follow paragraph CSS. This is now fixed.
- Onboarding screen automatically injected „The from“ in the From name screen. We’ve now removed this.
1.2.4, March 5, 2021
- Updated the way notifications appear once your newsletter has been sent or scheduled. This makes it clearer that a newsletter has been sent.
Improved post scheduling workflow
- You can now unschedule posts inside the Send as newsletter metabox.
- Scheduled post status can now be seen in the newsletter status log.
- Fixed bug caused by very long word without line breaks resulting in broken formatting.
- Fixed compatibility issue with Admin Menu Editor plugin causing our plugin settings to display Cannot load newsletter-glue message.
1.2.3, February 23, 2021
- Bug fix: Sending a newsletter on Firefox is not working. This is now fixed.
1.2.1, February 15, 2021
- Bug fix: Fixed bug causing PHP errors to appear inside settings when no ESP is connected.
1.2.0, February 9, 2021
- New improvement: We’ve made huge improvements to our publishing workflow. Our new „Send as newsletter“ interface is cleaner and dramatically reduces the chances of you accidentally sending emails when publishing or updating your post.
1.1.13, January 31, 2021
- New integration: GetResponse is now integrated!
- Improvement: List styling now follows paragraph styling.
- Bug fix for Sendinblue users: Fixed bug causing unverified emails to be wrongly marked as verified. This was preventing emails from getting sent.
1.1.12, January 26, 2021
- New integration: ActiveCampaign is now integrated!
- Added ability to explore pro blocks and upgrade to PRO from Newsletter Block Manager
1.1.11, January 8, 2021
- Bug fix for Mailchimp: Preview text was not displaying for newsletters sent via Mailchimp. This is now fixed.
1.1.10, January 6, 2021
- Bug fix for Campaign Monitor: Fixed a bug that caused newsletter to be sent to only one list when selecting multiple lists.
- Bug fix for Sendinblue: Fixed a bug that caused sending newsletter to fail, because of an encoding issue.
1.1.9, December 21, 2020
- Bug fix for MailerLite: Fixed a bug that was causing MailerLite newsletters to save inside MailerLite, instead of being sent out. It’s an encoding bug with emogrifier.
1.1.8, December 16, 2020
- Strip Newsletter Glue’s default CSS: This is a feature for advanced users who want to completely remove all our CSS from their emails and replace it with their own.
- In-line CSS: We’ve rebuilt our plugin so that all CSS is inserted inline. There are many advantages, including: we use less code (loads faster, cleaner, less chance of clipping) and forwarded emails retain their styling.
- Preview email in new tab: Next to „Send test email“ you’ll now find a „Preview email“ button. This lets you quickly preview emails in your browser, instead of sending a test email every time.
- Image captions now align bottom center for each image.
- Campaign Monitor users must select a list ID before sending an email: Blank ID lists now cause an error message and sending is disabled. Previously, we allowed users to send emails without selecting a list. Emails would then get stuck on the backend as Campaign Monitor requires a list in order to send.
- Bug fix for Mailchimp audiences: Previously only showed up to 10 audiences. We now show the maximum 1000 audiences.
1.1.7, December 3, 2020
- New feature: We’ve added a double confirmation when sending updated newsletters. Next to Your email is ready to publish notification, you’ll now see an additional checkbox.
Your workflow when publishing a new newsletter will remain the same. This new checkbox is automatically checked for you, but you can uncheck it.
However, your updating workflow is now improved. This new checkbox is un-checked for posts that are being updated. This solves the problem of saving an updated post and accidentally sending out a newsletter. Only check this box once you’re ready.
- Bug fix: If a post was previously published then duplicated using the Yoast Duplicate Post plugin, its published status will also show up in the duplicated post. This is now fixed.
- Bug fix: Link colour chosen in newsletter theme designer not showing up in emails for Mailchimp.
- Improvement: Remove CPTs that are obviously not for posting content. Like oEmbeds, menus, custom CSS, custom fields, blocks, forms etc…
1.1.6, November 12, 2020
- New feature: Add preview text to each newsletter. Preview text shows up next to your Subject line in inboxes. It’s a great way to give subscribers a sneak peek of your email and convince them to open it. Find it next to the Subject field in the Send as newsletter section.
- New feature: You can now choose if you want to add the blog post’s title to the top of each newsletter. Previously, every newsletter automatically added the blog post title. This gives you more flexibility and control over your newsletter’s layout. Find this feature at the bottom of the Newsletter Theme Designer (Newsletter Glue > Settings > Newsletter Theme Designer).
- New feature: Alignment options (left, center, right) for headers and paragraph text can now be found in the Newsletter Theme Designer. Note this will only show up in your newsletter. It will not affect or appear in your published blog post or in your block editor.
1.1.5, October 29, 2020
- Improvement: You can now choose to disable Newsletter Glue on selected custom post types. Go to Newsletter Glue > Settings > Additional tab to do this.
- Minor UI and copy improvements.
1.1.4, October 13, 2020
- Bug fix: Fixed bug causing our show/hide content blocks to „break“ some CSS.
- New feature: You’ll now find a Newsletter block manager in the Newsletter Glue admin bar. Use it to manage blocks and discover new ones. Go to Newsletter Glue > Newsletter Blocks
1.1.3, October 7, 2020
- Bug fix for Sendinblue users: There was a conflict between our plugin and the official Sendinblue plugin making it impossible to connect to Newsletter Glue. We’ve fixed this and you should be able to connect again.
- Improvement: You can now use Newsletter Glue for all custom post types.
1.1.2, October 3, 2020
- Bug fix: Featured image not loading for certain file sizes.
- Bug fix: Fixed & sign in title not loading in emails.
- Bug fix: Fixed newsletter block where hidden content was appearing in the rss feed.
1.1.1, October 2, 2020
- You can now add your logo to your newsletter in the newsletter theme designer.
- We now connect with Campaign Monitor!
- Added „Send as newsletter“ checkbox on the top toolbar in the post editor. This lets you quickly confirm you’ll be sending a newsletter when you hit the Publish/Update button, and makes it easy to turn off the option.
- „Add header image“ is now changed to „Add featured image“ to make it clearly different from the new logo feature. This can now be found in the newsletter theme designer.
- „Seamlessly sent by Newsletter Glue“ has also been moved to the newsletter theme designer.
- Added simple forms for you to quickly report bugs and request features in the top toolbar in the settings pages.
- Made a bunch of tiny UI and microcopy improvements across the plugin to improve your experience.
1.1.0, September 7, 2020
- New feature: Newsletter theme designer lets you customise fonts and colours for your newsletter. Head to Newsletter Glue > Settings then the Newsletter theme designer tab to use it.
- New feature: Newsletter Glue group custom block lets you hide content from your posts or emails. For example, add a special message to your email subscribers that won’t show up in your blog.
- New feature: Added Position header image option, so that you can choose if you want your header image to be above or below the headline.
- Bug fix: Mailchimp users previously could only see up to 10 audiences and segments. This has been fixed so that all audiences and segments show up now.
1.0.3, August 26, 2020
- New integration: We now connect with Sendinblue!
- Bug fix: Fixed email responsiveness causing longer images to get squished in emails
- Other small improvements: Updated microcopy across plugin
1.0.2, August 19, 2020
- New feature: You can now add header images to your newsletter. Use featured image or select a default image in settings.
- Bug fix: Fixed email responsiveness causing images to get squished in emails
- Improvement: Scheduling a post for publishing now works for newsletters too
- Other small improvements: Simplified UI and copy across plugin
1.0.1, August 14, 2020
- Bug fix: Segments now show up properly when switching between audiences for Mailchimp connection.
1.0.0, August 10, 2020
- First public release on WordPress.