Enables replacing the default background color of WordPress media files (#f8f8f8) with any other color using a color picker under [Settings > Media]. Particularly useful when working with white media files on transparent background.
I decided to wrap this fix as a plugin after building a few websites where I used white shapes on transparent backgrounds, since it was nearly impossible to tell one image from another. Since I took the time to write it, I thought: why not share it?
If you find it useful, rate it and/or like my fb page.
Anyone familiar with PoEdit or any other Gettext Translations Editor should be able to add a translation of this plugin in less than 2 minutes, since the plugin only has very few strings for now. If you would like to add your language to the plugin, send the
.po file using
Plugin Author link.
- Install the plugin from WP repository or upload it to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your website.
- Activate it through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Upon activation it will replace the white (default) background of your media files with a pale green (#c1ceaf).
- Go to (Settings > Media) and change that color with any other one.
- Build a stunning website.
- Are you going to maintain this plugin?
Yes, I intend to continuously keep this plugin compatible with the latest version of WordPress.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Media Files Background Color” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Interested in development?
- Added settings link from plugins list, multilingual support & checker background.