In an effort to remain as lightweight as possible, LTI SEO will only add metadata information to the html header of your pages (the data won’t be visible on the page), and only specialized programs such as search engine bots will be able to parse and use that information.
It turns out that this metadata is fairly easy to generate and can make a ton of difference when it comes to the visibility of your content on the web. WordPress is very good at creating search engine friendly content; we simply take it one notch further!
The following information can be added, if the corresponding option is activated:
- Link rel tags:
- Canonical, helps search engine determine a single URL for specific content,
- Author, allows search engines to link the author with their contributed content,
- Publisher, helps identify the entity that’s responsible for the content.
- Keywords meta tag,
- Robots meta tag:
- Description meta tag, featured in search results
- JSON-LD tags, using Schema.org namespace objects:
- Front page:
- Publisher (shown as an Organization : name, alias, logo image, website, social accounts),
- Author (shown as a Person: public e-mail, job title, work location, social accounts),
- Type of site (Blog or WebSite),
- Pages and posts:
- Type of post (Article, Blog post, News, Scholarly article, Tech article)
- Author information (same person object as a above)
- Twitter cards:
- Summary card by default
- Summary with large image,
- Gallery for gallery post types,
- Photo for attachments
- Open Graph tags:
- Type website on the frontpage
- Type article on posts, with attached or featured images, if any.
Taking advantage of the Google Search Console
LTI SEO wants to make sure WordPress users know about the Search console by facilitating the process of adding and verifying sites directly from WordPress. Without these types of tools, it would be hard to assess whether our SEO efforts are worth putting time and effort into!
You can help us by:
The easiest way to install the plugin is to use the plugins management page in your administration panel.
Also, the package can be downloaded manually and unzipped in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
When resources have been copied, the plugin can be activated by looking for a „LTI SEO“ entry in the plugins page and clicking on „Activate“.
Configure the options through Settings->LTI SEO. Note that by default, no header tags are added to the page. LTI SEO will only add content that you activate in the LTI SEO options page.
Clicking on the „Deactivate“ button will disable the user profile fields and the post editing box information associated with the plugin. The „Delete“ button will remove any LTI SEO related field in the database.
We’ll add more entries to this section as we get feedback from you.
- Yet another SEO plugin, why?
- We wanted to contribute a distraction-free (no ads, no ‘premium features’), WYSIWYG plugin.
- Provide a sturdy, testable object-oriented codebase that the community can contribute to.
- Our main concern as the LTI developer community is to automate our own processes, but we also want to show that we’re willing to put ourselves out there and share awesome code!
- How is that extra metadata useful?
A lot of the traffic over the internet goes through search engines, which send hoards of little crawlers to sift through millions of pages every day.
As the provider of content, you can help search engines understand what type of content you’re featuring by providing not just code, but semantic information about the content. That information will allow search engines to unmistakably determine the context in which you want this data to be shared.
Also, search engines that find relevant content on your sites are more likely to feature them prominently on search results.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“LTI SEO” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
- First Version
- Hardened the code a little (no direct access to POST and GET variables)
- Added Google Search console support to add and verify sites
- Changed the way LTI plugins appear in the admin menu