This plugin was originally written for authors, but may be useful for others that link to stores such as Amazon, Apple, and Kobo.
It will automatically edit links to various sites so that the user is directed to their local site. It will work on existing links and new ones. Simply add links to your site as usual, and they will be rewritten on the fly to send your visitors to their local site.
In addition, some tidying up of links is performed to remove extraneous junk. If you have affiliate codes, the relevant code will be added to that store’s links.
Changes are only made in the user’s browser. WordPress posts and pages are not changed, so if the plugin is deactivated or removed, they will return to their previous state.
Currently Supported Stores:
- Apple Books
- Apple iTunes (audiobooks)
- Google Play
- Barnes & Noble
- OneBookShelf sites (DriveThruFiction, DriveThruCards, DriveThruComics, DriveThruRPG, Wargame Vault)
The locallinks_cc GET parameter can be used for testing. For example, add ?locallinks_cc=fr to test plugin behaviour if the user is in France.
From version 4.1, Amazon Attribution links are supported. If a link has Amazon Attribution tags, they will be retained. More on Amazon Attribution here: https://advertising.amazon.com/help?#GJXTJCLK4WTWTQWU
Some vendors require the GeoIP Detection plugin. You may wish to install and configure that before continuing.
- Upload the plugin zip file using WordPress’ plugin installer, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly (search for ‘Local Links Robin Phillips’)
- Optionally install, activate, and configure the GeoIP Detection plugin
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Local Links screen to select which vendor links should be localised
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Local Links” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Added support for Amazon Attribution links. More on Amazon Attribution here: https://advertising.amazon.com/help?#GJXTJCLK4WTWTQWU
- Amazon links now always go to local store. More information