Hello In All Languages displays a „hello“ word translated to the official language of the country the visitor’s IP belongs to.
How to install
- Upload the extracted archive to wp-content/plugins/ or upload the archive from the admin dashboard (Plugins -> Add New -> Upload).
- Activate the plugin via the Plugins menu.
How to configure
- Open the plugin settings page (Settings -> Hello In All Languages).
- Sign up for a free DB-IP.com API key and paste it in the appropriate field.
- Select how the word will be displayed (capitalised, uppercase, or lowercase).
- Select the default language (will be used if the visitor’s IP cannot be determined).
How to use
Enter the shortcode [HELLO-IN-ALL-LANGUAGES] in any post or page and the translated hello will be displayed.
- To ensure that all the hello translations will be displayed correctly, please use UTF-8 charset.
- Please be aware that the plugin may not work properly if you are testing your blog in a local server.
- To determine the visitor’s physical location based on his IP, the geolocation API provided by DB-IP.com is being used.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Hello In All Languages” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Interested in development?
- A free DB-IP.com API key is now required to use the plugin.
- Switched from using IPInfoDB to DB-IP.com.
- Some code refactoring.
- Removed „Way to connect to API“ option.
- When plugin is uninstalled, saved settings are removed from the database.
- Fixed a wpdb warning.
- Minor content changes.
- Now using version 3 of the IPInfoDB API.
- Added the option to use personal API key.
- Added a country code
- Fixed an issue where an unknown coutry code was causing the greeting to be empty.
- Updated to use version 2 of the IPInfoDB API.
- Fixed uncaught exception error.
- The initial release!