This plugin provides simple author bio box to give visitors to your website a quick/brief information on the author background.
This plugin is an extract from globalfoodbook.com and is contributed back as open-source material (available free of charge).
This plugin is built to help other site owners who require this author bio tool with flexible configurable options.
It is implemented to allow easy setup and customization of a blog’s author bio sidebar widget.
It is best used with food and cook recipe theme made with woo-themes.
Notes to developers
If you would like to contribute to our suite of plugins, head on over to Global Food Book Labs. Feel free to fork and contribute back.
- Fork it (https://github.com/globalfoodbook/gfb_author_bio)
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
Adding Screenshots to the wordpress repo
- Rename each screenshot for each step like this. For step 1 the screenshot is screenshot-1.png.
- The banner image is named as banner-772×250.png.
- Use an SVN client like smart svn or rapid svn etc to uploads these images to the /assets folder.
- After this commit and all will be picked up.
Pushing plugin to wordpress svn repo
Clone this repo
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:globalfoodbook/gfb-author-bio-widget.git
- vim .git/config
Add the code below:
[svn-remote "svn"] url = https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/[plugin_name]/trunk fetch = :refs/remotes/git-svn
Then merge the master into the new branch:
git svn fetch svn git checkout -b svn git-svn git merge master git svn dcommit --username [wordpress.org username]
Then rebase that branch to the master, and you can dcommit from the master to svn
git checkout master git rebase svn git branch -d svn git svn dcommit --username [wordpress.org username]
- Upload /mailchimp-woothemes-subscribe to the /wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Can I use my gravatar E-mail?
Yes. Simple go to the widget menu in the admin, add your E-mail into Gravatar Email textfield.
- Can I alter Image size?
Yes. the default is 140 and you can change it to a size that fits you.
- Is possible to change the position of the image?
Yes, By selecting left or right in the admin area will alter the image alignment.
- Can i restrict what page displays this widget?
Yes, this plugin provides basic home and single page options. We advise you install jetpack’s visibility plugin for better restrictions options.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Global Food Book's Author Biography Widget” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Interested in development?
- Initial Release
- Bump wordpress compatible version