Allows users to point WordPress objects (posts, pages, custom post types) to a URL of their choosing, which is particularly useful for injecting non-WordPress content into loops. The object appears normally in any loop output, but visitors to the object will be redirected to the specified URL. The plugin also allows you to choose the type of redirect, either temporary (302), or permanent (301).
Through a filter, the External Permalinks Redux meta box can easily be added to custom post types. There is also a function available for use with WordPress’
This plugin was originally written for use on WordPress.com VIP. It is inspired by and backwards-compatible with Mark Jaquith’s Page Links To plugin, meaning users can switch between plugins without risk of losing any existing external links.
This plugin is translation-ready.
- Upload external-permalinks-redux.php to /wp-content/plugins/.
- Activate plugin through the WordPress Plugins menu.
How can I add support for my custom post type?
epr_post_typesfilter, one can modify the default array of object types (
page) to include additional custom post types or remove the plugin from one of the default post types.
What other filters does this plugin include?
epr_meta_key_target– modify the meta key associated with the external URL
epr_meta_key_type– modify the meta key associated with the redirect type
epr_status_codes– modify array of available status codes used when redirect is issued
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“External Permalinks Redux” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Translate “External Permalinks Redux” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix translations when plugin is used with older WordPress versions.
- Fix translations in block editor.
- Introduce block-editor (Gutenberg) sidebar component for supported post types..
get_redirect_data()method to look up a post ID’s redirect.
- Introduce PHPUnit tests
- Conform to current VIP Go Coding Standards.
- Introduce a filter to change the metabox title for clarity. Does break translation for that string if used.
- Add additional HTML classes in the metabox to aid customization.
- Coding standards and PHPDoc cleanup.
- Implement singleton pattern for instantiation. Thanks batmoo.
- Increase priority of
initaction to ensure that the filters it contains are available to other plugins. Thanks batmoo.
- Add status codes filter. Thanks danielbachhuber.
- Correct translation string implementation, removing variable name.
- Miscellaneous cleanup, such as whitespace removal.
- Add shortcut function for registering meta box on custom post types. This is included as an alternative to the
epr_post_typesfilter discussed in the FAQ.
- Initial release in WordPress.org repository.
- Rewrote original WordPress.com VIP plugin into a class and added support for custom post types.