Essential Breadcrumbs generates a schema marked up breadcrumb trail based on the URL. All you need to do is configure a couple of options and place one line of code into your page template where you would like the breadcrumbs to appear.
The breadcrumbs are generated based on the URL’s title. For example, if we take the URL www.example.com/why-choose-us/about-us/our-team, the breadcrumb will display the title of that page. If you wanted to customise what displayed in the breadcrumb to something other than the title, there is now an override box when editing a page called „Essential Breadcrumbs Title“. Whatever is entered into that input box, will be displayed instead of the title.
All parts of the URL must exist for the plugin to work.
For example, if we have the domain name www.example.com/why-choose-us/about-us/our-team, each of the following URLs must exist.
If you have trailing slashes at the end of your URLs e.g. www.example.com/why-choose-us/about-us/our-team/, that is fine, the plugin will still work.
You can install this plugin in 3 different ways.
1) Upload the contents of this zip folder to your plugins directory via FTP.
2) Upload the plugin via WordPress using the upload plugin feature.
3) Click Plugins -> Add New, search for Essential Breadcrumbs, and click install.
Once the plugin has been installed and is activated, you can use the plugin by going to Settings -> Essential Breadcrumbs.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Essential Breadcrumbs” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Translate “Essential Breadcrumbs” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Removed some debugging code that had been left on the blog page
- Created override feature so the breadcrumb text can be customised
- Essential Breadcrumbs launch