Embed Twine makes it easy to insert Twine 2 stories into WordPress pages and posts.
- Export your Twine 2 story into .html file.
- Upload it via plugin interface.
- Insert shortcode into the page or post.
- Enjoy your embedded story.
Furthermore, it provides autoscroll functionality making it easy for users to navigate through your stories.
Plugin is configurable via shortcode parameters.
Currently, Twine passages which include images might report their height incorrectly. Scrollbar might show up for these passages. Tweak shortcode parameter aheight to get rid of them.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
How do I use the shortcode?
Simply put „[embed_twine]“ (without quotes) into your post.
You can use aditional parameters: „[embed_twine story=“Story“ aheight=112 autoscroll=true ascroll=100]“
Specify the story (filename without extension). When story parameter is omitted, it defaults to „Story“. Meaning, there is no need to use this parameter if your Twine filename is Story.html.
If you upload Twine story file MyFooBar.html use following the shortcode [embed_twine story=“MyFooBar“].
Use it to adjust iframe height. You might need to tweak this parameter to get rid of iframe scrollbar. Default value is 112. This value is added to iframe height and used to set iframe’s style.height.
Autoscroll is enabled by default. Turn it off with shortcode parameter [embed_twine autoscroll=false].
Twine is open source tool for creating interactive stories.
Does this plugin support stories created in Twine 1?
No, this plugin only supports Twine 2 stories.
Which Twine 2 story formats are supported?
I’ve tested following formats:
* Harlowe 1.2.4
* SugarCube 2.30.0
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Embed Twine” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
- Preserve PassageFooter if it already exists
- Processed stories are now stored in embed-twine subfolder in the uploads directory to persist during plugin updates
- Added support for SugarCube 2.30.0.
- Plugin needs to create public folder with proper permissions.
- Removed old debug code.
- Require PHP 7.3.
- Initial version.