EL-Gallery will simply adapt to your website’s width without any fuss or hours of configuration.
A few simple options are at your disposal if you wish, but the plugin will work perfectly well as soon as it is installed.
I am not a professional developer, but there were no plugins that were both simple enough and could adapt to responsive design. This is why I chose to code this plugin.
This plugin is designed to function on any type of machine, and for it to best function on mobile devices, we reccomend you install the WP Mobile Detect plugin.
EL-Gallery is currently available in both English and French. If you wish to help translate it into another language, please contact me.
Once installed, you will find the configuration menu for EL-Gallery in the “Appearance” section of your wordpress administration page.
There you will be able to modify the duration of each slide as well as a few other functions:
- EL-Gallery uses responsive design, and you may wish to choose a specific page width at which the thumbnails will go from 8 per line to 5 per line.
- You may wish to disable the links on a gallery’s images.
- If you have installed the WP Mobile Detect plugin, don’t forget to activate the corresponding option so images may display in a lighter format when on mobile devices.
- You can use the following shortcode parameters:
- nopause=“1″ to remove the pause button and autoplay functionality
- nothumb=“1″ to remove the thumbnail display.
- Andrew Kurtis for WebHostingHub.
http://ericlowry.fr/en/development/#el-gallery (donate button to the right)
- Download the plugin.
- Simply go under the the Plugins menu in WordPress, then click on Add new and select the plugin’s .zip file
- Alternatively you can upload the el-gallery folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Finally, activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Your gallery shortcodes will automatically be updated to EL-Galleries !
Note : If your theme or other plugins cause incompatibility issues (mainly overriding EL-Gallery), simply change any [gallery] shortcode to [el-gallery].
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“EL-Gallery” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
- Added shortcode parameter nopause=“1″ to remove the pause button and autoplay functionality.
- Added shortcode parameter nothumb=“1″ to remove the thumbnail display.
- Added an alternative shortcode [el-gallery].
- Small update to loading-icons.
- Default image size is set to large. Use shortcode settings to modify the image size for each gallery.
- Smooth height transitions have been added (delays still need tweaking).
- Various display bugs have been fixed.
- The gallery no-longer changes slides if they are out of view (avoids superfluous page mouvement).
- The pause button stays active when slides are manually changed.
- Added Spanish translation.
- Minor bugfixes.
- Created custom icon font with more loading icons and lighter files.
- Fixed error in FontAwsome.
- New color selection system on most browsers.
- Minor bugfixes.
- Fixed translations.
- Simpler admin interface.
- More Font Awsome loading icon.d
- Various color corrections.
- Navigation buttons display only if loaded.
- Shortcode „ratio“ has been added to modify the image’s hight limitation ratio.
- Added a play/pause button.
- Fixed the image link system.
- Fixed a major bug from previous version.
- Added a choice of three loading icons.
- Fixed an eventual bug linked to using WP Mobile Detect.
- Added Font Awsome 4.2 support.
- Added a new Font Awsome loading icon.
- Added navigation arrows.
- Added option to change background-color for navigation arrows.
- Added option to use white navigation arrows (for dark backgrounds).
- PHP optimisation.
- Added option to set maximum aspect ratio (to avoid tall images being oversized).
- Added „informations“ section to the customisation menu.
- Fixed donations link.
- Thumbnails only appear once the gallery is loaded.
- Fixed thumbnail centering when page is resized.
- Optimized thumbnail centering.
- Added options to center thumbnails or leave them aligned to the left.
- Fixed initial value of options not being set correctly upon activation and not being removed after deactivation.
- Fixed plugin URI (in plugins list).
- Added options menu with : slideshow speed, thumbnail number switch width, togglable image links, togglable „WP Mobile Detect“ compatibility.
- Added translation system (with French translation onboard).
- Optimized php (repeated elements were passed into functions).
- Images use absolute positioning, not floats (allows for smooth transitions).
- Initial release.