Add an event calendar to your website! Great for fitness centers, community centers, organizations of any size. Create event categories for easy sorting.
View a demo here: http://www.creativegraymatter.com/calendar
For more information check out http://www.creativegraymatter.com/blog/wordpress-events-calendar
Download, Upgrading, Installation:
- Unzip the
- Upload the the
cgm_calendarfolder (not just the files in it!) to your
wp-contents/pluginsfolder. If you’re using FTP, use ‘binary’ mode.
- In your WordPress administration, go to the Plugins page
- Activate the CGM Calendar plugin and a subpage for CGM Calendar will appear
in your Settings menu and also as its own menu.
There are three ways to show the calendar on your site.
- Go to Settings -> CGM Calendar and change the settings to what to you. Set the page name to the url you want to display the calendar and visit http://www.yoursiteurl.com/pagename and it will appear. No page or post creation required
- Add the short code [cgm-event-calendar] to your page or post content you wish to display the calendar
- Use the php function call to display the calendar where you wish.
To display upcoming events
- Go to Settings -> CGM Calendar and set the Calendar URL to the full url where the calendar resides. Default would be http://www.yoururl.com/calendar
- Modify the List Format setting if desired. Note that you will still need to wrap any list in a ul/ol when called.
- Use the function echo cgm_list_upcoming_events(array(‘num_events’ => 5, ‘tag_id’ => ‘1,2’)); and change the num_events to how many you want to show and the tag_id list to the tagged events, or remove it to show all.
- You may also use the short code [cgm-upcoming-events num_events=10 tag_id=1,2] to display the list.
If you wish, you can override the default css and print view template by copying the files, calendar.css and print_view.php to the base of your template directory.
Make sure your time zone is set correctly under Settings -> General or the calendar will be effected
If you find any bugs or have any ideas, please mail me. ryan at creativegraymatter dot com
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“CGM Event Calendar” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
Interested in development?
* Fixed a bug where the month display would display the first day of the next month incorrectly
* Fixed a bug that caused additional days in month view to link to the wrong month (thanks BrentP)
* Possibly fixed error with uksort.
* Fixed a bug where events starting or ending in previous years could not be modified
* Fixed a bug where the end date of the upcoming events list would display the start date instead.
* Fixed bug with expiration date causing issue when repeat interval set to none.
* Removed links to daily events when there are none.
* Fixed error with events repeating under „these relative days“ and the week view
* Upcoming events now go out 6 months looking for events.
* Added rel=“nofollow“ to navigation and blank cell links so that googlebot and other search engines don’t index an infinite calendar.
* Added internationalization for the text. Date formatting still to come.
* Fixed bug where multiple day event would not appear on later days on the daily view.
* Added two toggles in the settings page to turn off/on the Monthly/Weekly View option and the Print View option
* Removed the author from entries. Hopefully this fixes the issue where events were not displaying in the admin panel
* Added check for date_default_timezone_set so that sites using php4 won’t break. (Note: I’m not sure the times will work right with Day Light Savings on php4)
* Bug Fix: When editing events and an error occurred, the start and end dates could reset.
* Bug Fix: On some servers, saving an event, could give an error about a default value for level
* Bug Fix: Blank page on event deletion
* Feature: Added option in settings page to display the sort by categories above the monthly and weekly views or not.
* Fixed bug when displaying the upcoming events list on sites w/o pretty urls
* Fixed bug when more than one [date] in the list format would not parse.
* Cleaned up the admin settings page and added some tips.
* Added ability to display upcoming events
* Fixed timezone bug
* Added setting field to change the page title.
* Fixed bug where an expiration date on a none repeating event would cause the event to not appear
* Fixed bug where if the event expire date was less then the end of the month, the event would not show.
* Included jquery in header for sites that don’t include it already. Fixed some css issues to work better with the default twentyten theme and others.
* Fixed bug on sites not using pretty urls
* Added short code and php function as alternate ways to display the calendar.
* Fixed print view typo on line 266 – (thanks Jerome)