Accessibility spring provides instruments that make your site more accessible for people with the visually impaired. You can in a simple way configure the view of the sidebar depending on the design of the site.
Upload the plugin files to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
Use the Accessibility Spring menu item in the WordPress sidebar to configure the plugin.
If you do not enable, at least, one option in the Accessibility Spring menu – your sidebar on the site will be empty.
I will be very grateful if you give me feedback at email@example.com. Just a few words, and we can make the world better.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Þátttakendur & höfundar
“Accessibility spring” er opinn hugbúnaður. Eftirfarandi aðilar hafa lagt sitt af mörkum við smíði þessarar viðbótar.Höfundar
- Checked compatibility with WordPress 5.9.3
- Fixed reset font-size functionality
- Sidebar container is „sticky“ by default
- Removed „Change page size“ option
- Icon and sidebar corners are rounded a little by default
- Fixed code that causes notices
- Fixed bug when all text on-site became unreadable, while the plugin is activated.
It happened on sites, that haven’t declared charset explicitly. Now, plugin set charset to UTF-8.
- Added possibility to scale page.
I know (and some people wrote me about that), that functionality for changing font size works incorrectly.
In fact, that works correctly, but only if you are using CSS REM or EM units (instead of pixels).
Accessibility spring just changing the font size of element.
After research, I found a universal solution, and implement that in my plugin. Now, you can choose an approach that works better in your case – „Option to change font size“ or „Option to scale page“. But I am still finding the best practice, and I hope that I will find the most universal solution for changing the size of text, even when your site is written with px, vh, %, pt, etc.
Special thanks to Anton from CSR Technology and Peter Smith
- Fixed bug when „handicap-icon“ was displayed on wp-login page.
- Added the possibility to change the close button’s color on the plugin setting page.
- Added animation on hover to the buttons in the sidebar.
- Rewritten text in sidebar, when all options are disabled. Added link to console in text for faster access.
- Optimized space between some elements on plugin setting page. Control elements become a little bit compact.
- Added the fourth icon to the list of standard icons.
- Thanks for the feedback on this version to „elodiechatelais“ and „Сергей Лебедев“.
- Added message in the sidebar when all options are disabled in settings.
- Fixed bug when whole page content was put in the sidebar when all accessibility-options are disabled.
- Added possibility to set one of three icons for Accessibility sidebar.
- Improved validity of code.
- Added possibility to enter color not only in HEX, but using color names, like „red“, „pink“, etc.
- Changed default design of sidebar.
- Few small bugs were fixed too.
- First version of plugin.